I know it makes us sound like a little kid when we say that air conditioning maintenance is so great—but we know its genuinely great for your air conditioning system, and that means it’s great for your home and family. We strongly recommend you have AC maintenance done each spring, and so does the U.S. Department of Energy.
The great reasons to schedule spring AC maintenance
Why is air conditioning maintenance so great? Here are a few of the reasons:
- A reliable AC: You don’t want the air conditioning system to flop on you during the hottest day of summer. Unfortunately, that’s when a breakdown is most likely to occur because of all the strain placed on the system. Maintenance cleans and adjusts the unit to make a breakdown much less likely.
- Fewer repair calls: You don’t want to call for repairs at all to fix an air conditioner if you can help it. There’s no way to prevent 100% of air conditioning malfunctions—but annual maintenance can prevent approximately 85% of them! That’s an immense amount of time and money saved trying to keep an AC working.
- Energy efficient performance: An accumulation of dust and dirt, as well as wear and tear, on the air conditioner’s components will force it to work harder than normal. That means a drop in energy efficiency and a rise in your electrical bills. Maintenance keeps an AC operating at 95% of its efficiency level for most of its service life and keeps costs under control.
- Extended equipment life: A central air conditioning system without annual maintenance may last for about 8 years before it needs to be replaced. But with maintenance, this lifespan estimate will double! Seven to eight extra years of service from an AC is a great return on your investment.
- Peace of mind: This is probably the best benefit of all. You can enjoy your summer knowing that the AC keeping your family cool is unlikely to give you any problems. It’ll be there when you need it.
But … You can’t do maintenance on your own
This is extremely important. There are a few maintenance tasks to take care of during the summer, such as a regular change for the air filter (we recommend every 1 to 3 months, depending on the filter strength) and making sure all room vents are open and unobstructed. But you cannot handle the inspection and tune-up work for an AC as a do-it-yourself project. No YouTube video makes you a certified HVAC professional with extensive refrigeration knowledge and other technical expertise. And it certainly won’t give you the tools you need. It’s better, easier, and quicker to sign up for a service agreement and have the pros take care of the job each spring.
When you’re ready to schedule maintenance for your air conditioning in Acton, MA (and the time is right now!), call us and find out about our Ultimate Service Agreements. We offer a variety of maintenance plans and payment options to make it easy for you to receive the best care for your HVAC system around the year. That includes your heating system!
Basnett Plumbing, Heating & AC: Trusted for Over 30 Years!